I’ve discovered that many new freelancers run into issues when creating an Upwork account and a lot of accounts don’t get approved. Freelancers are forced to pay cash to get an approved Upwork account, so I decided to film the live process on how to create an Upwork account and get instant approval.
Tips for creating an Upwork account that gets approved.
- Identify the skill you’re most good at and choose the appropriate category during creation.
- Select all skills from the provided options that better describes your core competence.
- Add past employment and give it a proper description related to your skill.
- Fill all fields and be descriptive when you have to, most people tend to leave out optional fields.
- Drop links to your best work during the description of your skills.
- Your professional overview must be descriptive.
- Upload a picture that clearly shows your face.
- Add your location.
- Add your phone number.